Gucci is known for the handbags, belts, green-red-green web, flora patterned scarfs loafers with horsebit and much more. The Italian classic luxury fashion group owns several known multi-brands including Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, Bottega Veneta, Boucheron, Sergio Rossi, Stella McCartney and Yves Saint Laurent.
Gucci Fall/Winter Fashion 2009
E-shop and retailers offering Gucci online
- Gucci.com -- the official Gucci e-shop
- World of Watches -- watch e-shop in the US
- FragranceNet.com -- giant fragrance e-outlet
- Saks Fifth Avenue -- NY based luxury online shop
- Sephora -- respected beauty and fragrance retailer of top brands
- YOOX.com -- leading global online fashion shop with over 2.300 top designer brands
Gucci was founded in Florence, Italy, in the 1920 as a small exclusive leather goods company. The company was successful and the horsebit and stirrup motifs were inovated in the 1930. Other classics in the collection is the bamboo bag, the flora silk scarf, moccasin with horsebit hardware and the green-red-green web. In the 1960’s several icons’ wore Gucci such as Jackie Kennedy, Liz Taylor and Grace Kelly. In 1982 Gucci became a public limited company and the brand re-launches with Tom Ford as the Creative Director in the 1990’s through a new mix of innovation and tradition. In 1995 Gucci becomes a fully publicly owned company and in 1999 the company become part of a multi-brand giant fashion group.